Veroclear is a transparent photopolymer material used in Polyjet 3D printing, which is a type of additive manufacturing technology that uses a UV-curable resin. Veroclear is known for its high clarity and transparency, making it suitable for producing parts that require optical clarity and visual transparency.
Properties and Characteristics
- High Clarity: Veroclear is known for its exceptional optical clarity, allowing for the production of transparent or translucent parts with high visual transparency and excellent light transmission.
- Accurate and Detailed Printing: Polyjet technology offers high-resolution printing capabilities, allowing for the production of fine details, intricate geometries, and smooth surfaces with Veroclear material.
- Wide Range of Applications: Veroclear is suitable for a wide range of applications, including prototypes, concept models, visual models, medical models, and other parts that require optical clarity or transparent/translucent properties.
- Multiple Material Properties: Veroclear can be combined with other Polyjet materials to create multi-material parts with varying properties, such as rigid and flexible regions, different colors, or simulated overmolding.
- Ease of Post-processing: Veroclear parts can be easily post-processed, such as polished, sanded, or painted, to achieve desired surface finish and appearance.
- Good Mechanical Properties: Veroclear exhibits good mechanical properties, including moderate strength, stiffness, and toughness, making it suitable for parts that require both optical clarity and mechanical functionality.
- Biocompatible: Veroclear is biocompatible, making it suitable for producing medical models, surgical guides, and other applications in the healthcare industry.
- Short Production Lead Time: Polyjet technology allows for fast printing speeds, which can result in shorter production lead times compared to other 3D printing technologies.
- Material Recycling: Unused or excess Veroclear material can be recycled and reused in the Polyjet system, reducing material waste and optimizing material usage.
- UV Curing: Veroclear material is cured using UV light during the Polyjet printing process, which results in parts with fully cured and stable properties without the need for additional curing steps or post-curing processes.