PA 12, also known as Nylon 12 or polyamide 12, a high-performance thermoplastic material commonly used in Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) is characterized by its excellent mechanical strength, durability, and resistance to wear and abrasion. PA 12 is also known for its ability to withstand high temperatures and exposure to chemicals, making it a popular choice for industrial applications. Additionally, it can be easily post-processed and finished to achieve a smooth surface finish.
Properties and Characteristics
- Excellent mechanical strength: PA 12 has high tensile and flexural strength, making it ideal for creating strong and durable parts.
- Good chemical resistance: This material is highly resistant to many chemicals, including oils, solvents, and fuels.
- High-temperature resistance: PA 12 can withstand high temperatures without losing its mechanical properties, making it suitable for applications that require heat resistance.
- Low water absorption: This material has low water absorption, which helps maintain its mechanical properties over time.
- Good surface finish: PA 12 can be finished and post-processed to achieve a smooth surface finish, improving the aesthetics and functionality of the printed part.
- Excellent wear resistance: PA 12 has high wear resistance, making it suitable for creating parts that are subjected to wear and friction.
- High dimensional accuracy: SLS printing with PA 12 can achieve high dimensional accuracy, allowing for the creation of complex parts with intricate details.