PA 2210 – FR is a flame-retardant polyamide (nylon) material that is commonly used in 3D printing for applications that require high flame resistance. It offers excellent mechanical properties, including high tensile strength, impact resistance, and flexibility, making it suitable for producing durable and functional parts. PA 2210 – FR is also flame-retardant, which means it has been formulated to resist or delay the spread of flames and meet strict fire safety standards. This makes it ideal for applications where fire resistance is critical, such as aerospace, automotive, electrical, and other industries. PA 2210 – FR is compatible with various 3D printing techniques, allowing for the production of complex parts with ease.
Properties and Characteristics
- Flame Retardancy: PA 2210 FR is specifically formulated to exhibit flame-retardant properties, making it suitable for applications where fire safety is a concern, such as in aerospace, automotive, and electronics industries.
- High Strength: PA 2210 FR has good tensile strength and impact resistance, making it suitable for producing functional parts that require mechanical strength and durability.
- Self-Extinguishing: PA 2210 FR is self-extinguishing, which means it has the ability to stop burning on its own after the ignition source is removed, reducing the spread of flames.
- Low Smoke Emission: PA 2210 FR has low smoke emission during combustion, which can help improve safety in enclosed environments and reduce the risk of smoke-related hazards.
- Chemical Resistance: PA 2210 FR is resistant to many chemicals, including oils, greases, and most solvents, making it suitable for applications that require exposure to various chemicals.
- Good Printability: PA 2210 FR has good printability, with relatively low warping and good layer adhesion, allowing for the production of complex geometries with good dimensional accuracy.
- Good Thermal Stability: PA 2210 FR has a relatively high melting point, allowing for parts to withstand elevated temperatures without deformation or loss of mechanical properties.
- Compliance with Fire Safety Standards: PA 2210 FR is designed to meet various fire safety standards, such as UL 94 V-0, which is a commonly used standard for flame retardancy in plastics.
- Post-Processing Options: PA 2210 FR can be easily machined, sanded, painted, or dyed after 3D printing, allowing for additional finishing or customization of printed parts.
- Wide Range of Applications: PA 2210 FR is suitable for a variety of applications where flame retardancy is required, such as in aerospace, automotive, electronics, and electrical components, where fire safety is critical.